Sunday, August 12, 2007

Jambo!

Jambo! That's Hello in Swahili :)


Just came back from a week-long conference in Kenya.

It was my first visit to the Africa continent.

What a beautiful country. Loved every minute of it!
It's wintertime, so weather was a cool 20 degrees celsius in the day, and at night it can dip to around 13-14 degrees C.

Highlight for the trip was definitely the safari at Lake Nakuru National Reserve. Ahhh... all the memories as a zoology student re-surfaced once again, hahaha... Wanted to extend my stay to go see the annual wildebeest migration at Masai Mara, one of the recently-voted new seven wonders of the world. The travel agent managed to get lodging for me, which was a miracle considering how last-minute the request was. But alas, i couldn't go in the end cos return air tics were all fully booked!

Well, guess that's just another incentive for me to return another time :D

Labels:

Comments:
Beautiful pictures!!! I want to go~~
Did you walk outside?? Saw any lions??

seat
 
Yes!!! We did spot a pair of lions! I'll upload the pic in a moment, hehee :)

Let's go there together next time! :D
 
Post a Comment