Sunday, June 17, 2007

你的笑容

I hope I'll always remember that scene of you, standing behind the door, waving good-bye to me. The wind was strong and blowing at you, and you smiled when you saw your grandma's clothes fluttering in the breeze. You looked down and saw that your clothes, too, were doing the same. Then you peered down at my feet and noticed my black-polished toenails. Why were they black? you asked, as you looked down at yours and muttered that yours were not so.

Grandma expressed again the joy of experiencing this fresh breath of air, and you laughed along with her. Your laughter was so infectious that it was still ringing in my ears long after I had left.

However you may change in the years to come, I hope this scene will stay etched in some corner of my mind, and make me smile everytime I chance upon it again :) :D
Comments: Post a Comment