Wednesday, January 03, 2007

苦尽甘来

I must be doing something right, because to my pleasant surprise, my boss informed me today that i've been offered a permanent appointment! This really comes as a surprise, as my contract's for 2 years, and normally here they'll confirm you only towards the end of the tenure. With the appointment, there's a small increment and also a higher appointment title. Good start to the new year! :)

Tenipuri>>
Thanks to BH's weigh-like-a-ton DVDs, I'm now happily hooked on the 178-episode series. A bit late, I know, but better late than never! XD There's proof!!! Yup, there's now proof that even DVDs can be worn out because i can see which DVDs have been heavily watched by her ;)

Anyway, I never thought i'd be interested in a series like this, seeing that i don't play tennis myself!! But when you have a bunch of distinct characters thrown together, playing towards a common goal, with cool playing techniques, then multiply that by about 5x cos there are rival schools, it's hard to resist!!!

I'm only up to like episode 132 (the family chibi episode, fufufu), but here're some things i like about this series so far: (spoilers alert!)

- Healthy competition. Even when there's intra-team competition, like between Momo and Kaido, in the end they're still using that energy to drive themselves up to another level. The doubles match where Mom and Kaido were paired was a match I really enjoyed... "No one knows more than me what Kaido is going through now", said Momo when Kaido's Boomerang Snake was retaliated.

- Most unlikely friendships developing, whether it's between rival schools, rival individuals (Atobe and Tezuka, Fuji and Tachibana), or intra-team (Kaido and Inui, though this one's more of a mentorship, i suppose) I am trying to resist the slashability of all this here...o(><)o - Tenipuri sense of humour. Muahaha, what can I say... I love the chibi episodes too, hoi hoi!!!

Current character obsession: Kaido! Didn't like his black face at first, but as the anime progressed, I got extremely tickled by this character who tries to carry this tough exterior image when he i) is scared of ghosts, ii) has a soft spot for animals, iii) turns out to be not so self-centred after all, and iv) what's with that family of his!!?!?!?! XD

Current technique obsession: Fuji's Higuma Otoshi, if only for the beauty in his execution!

Caution: suspend all notion of reality when watching the tennis matches, please. Fact: realistic anime is seldom fun to watch.

Trivial questions unanswered:

1) Why do the Year Ones shoot up so much in height once they become Year Twos? Ryoma and the rest of the Year Ones look absolutely puny compared to the other Seigaku Regulars!

2) Does Horio of the Freshmen Trio only have that one irritating green & orange shirt??! XD

3) I could have sworn Kaido started off with an orange bandana in the beginning. Why did he change it permanently to green?

4) What is Tezuka's real mental age? 294?

5) What is Nanjiro's real mental age? -294?

6) Is Itsuki Marehiko from 六角中 actually SATOち in disguise???!! XD

7) How will i be able to cope with the withdrawal symptoms when i finish the anime??? orz...

Labels:

Comments:
Many congrats to you for the permanent appointment! I always knew you were great :)

Is that woman still giving you fits at work, or has she settled down?
 
This calls for a celebration!!!!
what about planja-ing me or-lua near kovan....muah hahahaha ( BH sticks out hand shamelessly!)

one more tenipuri trivia :
- height diff between tezuka and fuji is 12 cm ~~~ otherwise known as the golden height difference, best for smooching

WHO SAID I AM A BL LOVER!!!! WHO WHO WHO!!!!!!!

bh
 
Tenipuri trivia continued :
- Why is Fuji's triple counter still called triple counter after he adds new counters へカトンケイルの門番 and 蜉蝣ずつみto it?

- Tezuka's shoe and racket are all Mizuno. BUT Fuji is the real prince - he uses Prince racket and his fav book is the little prince....muah hahahaha


- has renji yanagi appeared? I thot he was yukke in disguise! So, the entire MUCC team is actually making cameo appearances in POT!

Who's my fav character!!! Fuji! Fuji ! Fuji!!!!!
 
Hey scenic, congratulations!! \(^o^)/
Great to have more fund to go for lives eh? ^^;;

I used to read Tenipuri's manga too but the friend who used to buy them and lend me has left Japan so I just stopped. (Too stingy to buy myself ^^;)
One of these days I should try figuring out how to do the BH thingy...
btw, there is this Tenipuri musical that my friend would fly all the way to Japan just to see it. The captain(tetsuka?)'s actor is very good looking(I only saw the picture). I think he quit the musical already but there is always DVD.

seat
 
Hi Marla,
Thanks!!! ^O^

Ah, that wo-man... she's still the same... i figure since i can't do much about her behaviour, all i can do is change the way i respond to her unreasonableness. It's a challenge, every day...^^;
 
BH,

Confirmed. You're 100% pervert!!! ;D

Fuji's technique names are so cool!!! I like that he brings The Little Prince around with him... and small Fuji defending his brother is one of the best flashback scenes yet!
^_^<--literally

Yup, Renji has appeared... that childhood photo with Inui is so darn adorable...

Itsuki even has Satochi's demeanour! (´_J`)

So Fuji is the prince? Or the princess?
 
Hi Seat,
Thanks!!! :) :) :D

Where did you stop in the manga? I'm thinking of picking up the manga too...after i'm done with the anime, hehee.. Can't quite imagine what it's like as a real-life musical or movie... have seen some clips on youtube... tezuka looks quite cool indeed! wonder if the special effects during the tennis matches are believable?

Oh ya, i'll be in Tokyo in late Feb. Hope to meet up with you for a meal then!
 
Oh you are coming in Feb?! Is it work or fun? Yeah let's meet up! :)

I think I stopped around 20...it is now 39?? Crazy!! I also read HunterxHunter and Hikaru no go and One piece(and Nana too)...but all of them given up halfway. I am no good in following series...^^;;;

seat
 
Post a Comment