Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Deathnote + Death-of-my-Wallet

Deathnote Part II - The Last Name is coming to Singapore and the slated opening date is 28 Dec 06!
Source: Singapore Yahoo Movies

Well, I finally watched Deathnote Part I with BH last Sat. No cosplayers nor Shinagamis in sight, alas! Before the movie we visited this Bleach-DN-etc mobile stall and chatted up the guy (dressed as a Bleach Shinagami) who was raving about the movie. But...but... how can someone manning such a stall not read the manga before???!!

Anyway, in the cinema I had the "awesome" luck of sitting next to a couple who was entering and leaving the cinema throughout the show. They must have missed like half the show already!! What's the point?? Might as well leave and let me have their seat to place my nachos, hmph. BH was next to a group of four otakus! imho the best kind to be seated next to in a movie like this, cos according to her they stayed riveted to the screen and laughed at all the 'right' parts, muahaha. Oh ya, the guitarist of 静爆乐团was in the audience, cool.

As for the movie, well, as a deathnote manga fan there are parts which left me dissatisfied... like the minimal tension in the train scene D:... and how Light's character portrayal was not as convincing as I'd like it to be. There's also too much in the manga that is not explained in the movie... something that can't be helped in a 2-hr film, i suppose! But all in all, I enjoyed the movie and... I love L! Not only because we share the same initial! XD XD XD

For the sequel, I'll dump the nachos and bring along a pastry-kebab instead XD
And BH will bring along a bag of apples.

SouthPark Deathnote!!! From left: L, Misa-misa, Light
(credit: cooked_sashimi from lj)


***
Woe to my wallet! Its death is dangerously near!!!
Details of mucc's new album are out!
Well... not all the details yet, just the name, date, price(s)... and the fact that there are 3 versions this time round!!!

The problem is... I want all 3 varieties! (A vers. comes with DVD footage of 69Days Tour, B vers. comes with DVD footage of Devilish Years behind-the-scenes, 1st press of normal vers. comes with bonus CD)

*hands wallet over to mucc*
here! you might as well keep that in your possession forever!

well, at least i'll be contributing to their oricon chart ranking! :)

Edit: they're having a bootleg CD campaign again! 饶了我们吧~~~

Labels: , ,

Comments:
Well, my wallet these days belongs half to Wu Bai and half to EVA Airlines ;)

Sounds as if you're having loads of fun. Maybe one day I can tag along with you on a visit to Japan, since I do want to go. You'd be a wonderful guide to Japanese music, anime, food...

And that sucks you can't take painkillers.
 
YES! Will be GREAT if we could meet up in Japan and travel together! It's not too expensive from Taiwan, right?
 
Post a Comment