Thursday, June 01, 2006

Last day at work today... it was a whirlwind of tying up loose ends, saying bye to colleagues, filing stuff, handing over, tidying up...

In the midst of it all, my division came trooping by with a large box that had cows drawn all over it... my boss handed it to me and joked about how they chose the cows because i provide nutrients (milk!!?) to the division...O_o;;; but seriously, the cows are kinda cute and i thought well at least it rhymes with my sirname XD

Anyway, I opened up the box and saw that they had bought a quaint lil' bag for me (so sweet)... dug deeper (it was a deep box) and there was an item each from each member. I was supposed to guess who bought what. Item by item... ... I got them all right! Wine from alcohol-crazy colleague, interesting brand of beer from adventurous colleague, bear biscuits from snacking colleague, nuts from boss who's fond of nibbling them, etc etc

It's been a year. It somehow seems longer than that. With all that time spent in the office, no wonder we've gotten to know each other so well in such a short period of time. Will I miss their company? Yes. Very much in fact. Other colleagues also popped by with presents, I felt so loved suddenly ;_; And some of these are colleagues that belong to a different world from me, and yet, we have managed to work quite well together.

Too many thoughts, too little time. I can only think of my time here as an eye-opening, rewarding experience. What will the future hold, I don't know, but at least I have made some good contacts and friends here.

To my boss, I admit I still leave with some regret. I do regret not staying longer to help him out and see some things through. Yes, despite the fact that he did not take my resignation too well at first, I must say I will miss working for him. It is not often that you can find a boss you can learn so much from, nor one who you know if you had met him outside of work, you'd have wanted to be friends with (not that we're not friends now).

Japan, here I come! And after that, a new chapter of my life begins.
Comments: Post a Comment