Friday, May 26, 2006

Big announcement was today~!
WTF, who cares! Coming trip of more personal interest!

Japan june trip plan goes something like this...
1 June - Reach Tokyo in the afternoon. Qiu hasn't been to Roppongi Hills so might go there and have dinner at Pintokona. I also wanna do some CD-shop hopping, cos as it turns out this whole trip I won't be seeing much of Tokyo, so hope to pop into either Ikebukuro or Shinjuku. Late-night, might pop into Shibuya for a drink at some Izakaya...and browse Towers. That's a lot for the 1st day!!! O_o;
2 June - Set off for Nagoya~~~No real plans for me, except to catch TBH's live at Club Diamond Hall... and eat some miso nikomi udon or eel rice... yum.
3 June - Set off for Takayama~~~We'll be leaving quite early, cos we want to catch the morning market there... roam Takayama until near evening where we will move on to Gero Onsen to soak in the onsens & stay for the night.
4 June - Set off for Osaka~~~Not much time here, so I'll probably go shopping/CD-shop searching a little, then go meet yuj for TBH's live at Namba Hatch. After the live, I'm seriously thinking of relaxing in Spaworld again :D
5 June - Set off for Tokyo~~~Meeting up with WK & Co for shabu-shabu dinner. Must remember to get all my overdue mucc stuff from Pat.
6 June - 666!
7 June - Leave for Kamikochi~~~Group of 5 (including one in charge of carrying all our luggage XD)
8 June - Will be at Kamikochi in the day and return to Tokyo only in the evening, I suppose.
9 June - 69 day. What will happen?
10 June - Last-minute shopping. Lunch, then it's back to Singapore...

Not much time! I've got this whole list of eating places I wanna either try or re-visit in Tokyo... don't think there are enough meals to cater to all of them! XD

& back in Singapore, ->
11 June - Street Festival with BH!
12 June - Starting work at new workplace.

Now for the rant.
Of all places, I would expect the people at my current workplace to be more open when it comes to travelling, right? But no! Everyone still looks so shocked when I say I am visiting Japan again. See, when your Purpose of Visit (POV - industry term we use to describe the main purpose for a tourist's visit) is events-based, then it's certainly very understandable that you'll return to a particular country if those events are held there, right? But everyone somehow assumes that your POV is always sightseeing, so it makes zero sense to them when I say I like to visit Japan every year if it's within my financial ability. They get even more wide-eyed when I say I visit Japan to watch lives. They think I go chase after bands, duh!!?!! Why is it so difficult for them to understand that I like to watch lives, period??!

That's why I'm really very grateful I know friends (that's most likely whoever's reading this now ^^) who can understand how I feel.
Comments:
no objection for Spa world XD
Could you print the disc't coupon?

It takes me some years to let everybody in my section in the office to know I'm going Japan every year for lives. Some still gives me wild-eyes when they heard it, I'll give them a smile back. Luckily Jtravel fans are not rare in my office, they somehow agree Japan is attractive, just I go for my own reason.
 
me wanna go Spaworld too! join u after ur live? =)

i get the wide-eyes/rolled-eyes/huh-reactions too when i say i'm gg to japan. hey, at least u gals hv a decent 'POV'.. i've given up explaining & just term my trips as "my annual pilgrimage"! who cares as long as i'm happy!!! ;-)
 
Thanks for sharing your experiences and letting me know i'm not alone :)
Yay, Spaworld ON! 8D!!!
Okay, I'll go print the discount coupons! Hope I can navigate the pages correctly!
 
hi to ah qiu ^_^/
So the first time we see each other we see each other naked!
再坦白也沒有了XD

scenic~
可以八卦一下你想去哪些餐廳嗎?
 
hi yuj!

omigosh.. yah, talk about 坦诚相对,坦坦荡荡。。

^_^;; *blush blush*
 
有好几个耶。。。
比如说global dining的这间:
http://global-dining.com/site/restaurants/index.cfm?resID=44&page=detail&lang=EN&chainId=8
Heard that it was this restaurant's interior that inspired the restaurant setting in Kill Bill... I've tried out the one at Odaiba and liked their menu quite a bit, especially the yakitori (the toro...to die for~~~)! So wanted to check this one out..

Also say an affordable one like the 只看到手不看到头的一蘭:
http://www.ichiran.co.jp/index.html
对整个系统很好奇!!!也听说味道不错

yuj有什么好介绍我也深感兴趣!!!:).....
 
權八分店蠻多的,去過一間,但忘了哪裏了,是工作的Party,只跟着人家去,但主人家都選它應該真的是不錯的, 那天顧着說都忘了味道了~手打烏冬好像有名..

一蘭在福岡超有名, 但沒有吃過,排隊人好多,原來東京也有的嗎?

我沒有甚麼idea,沒時間做research,今次吃方面我就隨便了~
6月6日隆子帶去吃壽司,要不要一起?
 
Post a Comment