Sunday, February 26, 2006

Ever since Yakun went down the franchising route, the quality of its kopi has been going down, down, down. sigh.. Today i was at the Raffles City outlet having a cuppa and when I asked the counter lady for a serviette, she said they don't provide any, but if I want some, I can buy a packet of tissues from them for 30 cents.

O_O!!!

I couldn't believe my ears. An eating place that doesn't provide serviettes?! A bit the too much, right? Why am I paying so much for my kopi then?! Even Macs provides serviettes! Heck, even the yakitori counter at Taka provides them! And everyone knows that when you drink kopi, sure spill one!! Eat kaya toast the kaya also sure to ooze out one mah, where got people eat kaya toast without ending up with sticky hands one, I ask you? (sorry, can't help but lapse into Singlish cos of the topic lah... ^^;)

Plus, the kopi turned out to be mega-sweet even though I asked for xiu-dai (less sugar). That's it lah.. think I'll stop patronizing Yakun.. give me good'ol kopitiam kopi anytime, man... :)
Comments:
Haha.. I've been boycotting the Taka outlet since a very unpleasant incident of 'mixed order/rude service/idiotic customer before me' left me having to finish a very watered-down horrible version of Milo-bing (when my original order was Kopi-bing) *_*
But hey, I'm not all anti.. just more selective. I always suss out the one behind the counter making the order before I order. =P
Talking about mega-sweet, is it me or is it most of them just luuurve to slop on the condensed milk/sugar?? Here they are complaining about coffee prices going up, water/gas not cheap, etc etc etc.. yet they have no qualms whatsoever dolopping that nice BIG tablespoon of sugar into my Kopi-O (XIU-DAI!!!!) Sheesshh... tried ordering xiu-xiu-dai once, just got a very weird stare.. maybe I should just bring along my own sugar and order Kopi-kosong (black, nothing added).... ;-)
 
Oops... ah qiu here.. hee hee... too caught up with my kopi-spiel @.@
 
Post a Comment