Friday, January 20, 2006

I know there's a serious lack of people willing to take up restaurant service jobs here, but you know it has become a dire situation when even a mid-upper tier Japanese restaurant here hires a phone receptionist who can't speak a decent sentence of English.

Me: "Hi, I'd like to make a reservation for two for tomorrow night at 7pm, please."
Receptionist: "Ha? Cannot."
Me: "Sorry? Do you accept reservations?"
Receptionist: "Ya. But got no more tomorre night."
Me: "Reservations are full? Do you accept walk-ins?"
Receptionist: "Cannot reserve ordredi. Fur."
(&, for the record, I cannot stand it when people can't say "already" properly. Just like saying "opportunity" as "oPOREtunity" The stress is on the "Op", dem it!!!)
.
.
.
I could go on.... cos it took me like 10 whole freaking minutes before I could figure out from the girl that they only allow 80% of the seats to be reserved.

And no, she is not Japanese so no excuses.

I'm sorry, I'm really pissed off today -about other stuff, so this has GOT to be a pissed-off entry, otherwise I won't be able to sleep tonight. I probably need to listen to Daikirai on repeat.

Oyasumi.
Comments:
Venting is good. Ofcourse I have a problem finding people in America that can speak proper English.....Hickerbilly slang is way overused here.
 
Post a Comment