Sunday, August 28, 2005

*waves* i'm still alive, yes! :)

Absence here in the past week was mainly cos i was trying to meet an assignment deadline for a module on Chinese-English translation that i'm doing at a local University here..

A good part of the assignment consisted of an essay, and the topic I chose in the end (we could pick one out of three) was an argumentative essay on idol/hero-worship.

Geez... haven't written a proper essay for some time, so was rather rusty.

At the end, though, I was pretty happy with it.. hope it brings me good marks.

Also in the process of trying to reflect my views, it made me think about whether some of the views and theories that I expressed could apply to me..
I mean.. it's not like I'm some naive teenage angst-ridden girl anymore, but can't help but wonder why I am still interested in bands like mucc
Reason is probably very simple.. in the absence of other meaningful 'distractions', here is something that makes me .. i guess, enjoy being alive.

Guess it all boils down to that.

I'm just concerned.. don't ever want to show the 'symptoms' of hero-worshipping appearing, like 'projection' (where you project yr own feelings about the 'hero' onto the 'hero' himself), or the need to find 'ascertainment' by others in the choice of yr 'hero' (like when you get happy when yr 'hero', say a celebrity, is popular with others, cos that makes you proud of yr own choice in him).

When I look at my admiration for bands like mucc.. I can't say that it's only restricted to their music. Yeah, I know it's not just the music, cos it's hard in reality to separate the music from the person who made the music. Now whether that's a good thing, I don't know, but it's certainly human nature.
Like for me, I find it hard to explain how I look upon the mucc members.
I think the closest word I can think of is 'fondness'.
Almost like.. childhood friends whom I've lost contact with, but whom I still feel an attachment for, and wish to see them well and succeed in life.
Now why that's of a personal interest to me I don't know!
But perhaps.. for mucc it's cos I am grateful for the music + live experiences from this band.. very grateful in fact.. & on top of that I admire (even envy) something about them, which sets them apart from other bands that I know of. What that something is, I don't think I'll dwell too much on in this post.. maybe another time :) (and anyway, what that something is, is often a personal thing, and will always differ from person to person..)
Comments:
Nice explanation. There is nothing wrong with having heros/ people you admire.....It's just the ability to see qualities in other humans that you like or have yourself or atleast can admire and respect...~Anya
 
Post a Comment