Monday, June 20, 2005

Recent thoughts

Mucc first, of course! :)

[雨のオーケストラ]
The single [雨のオーケストラ] has been playing in my home AV, portable AV and.. head!.. for the whole week now ;)

The single didn't do too badly at the charts.. debuting at No. 14, then 15 (hope i remembered the second day ranking correctly..) and 20 for 3 days in a row.. it also made it to the weekly rating @ No. 20. Some muccers also pointed us towards the CDTV charts where it's just come in at No. 20 on the weekly ranking.

Omedetou~ :) :D

[雨のオーケストラ] is one helluva good song. I find it interesting that quite a number of the English-speaking listeners (well at least the more vocal ones) don't seem to like this song, saying it's a rip off The Back Horn's [Kizuna Song]. This comparison, to me, is totally meaningless! Really, I see nothing in common between the two songs except for the fact that they both have strings in them. The atmosphere, melody, lyrics, music arrangement.. they're totally different!!

I think a song's successful when, after listening to it for some time, you can't imagine the song being done any differently. Because everything about it just fits into itself so well. [雨] is exactly that. It's like.. it's exactly what I think mucc would sound like with strings.

[雨] will also be the single reason for me to consider popping into Japan in Dec for Mucc's tour finale. *crosses fingers*

The other track in this single that I love v much is [死生、命あり]. It's reminiscent of Miya's style of late (meaning like in Kuchiki where it can be hard-hitting yet very melodious), which I like a lot. Tatsurou also seems to shine with such a style.. this song's a very good showcase of his vocals.

Now the last track..[語り部の詩]..to be frank when I first heard it, it threw me off. Quite a bit, actually. Not something I thought would come from Mucc. It's not a bad song, and it's not that I will skip it when it comes on in the player, but it's just not particularly memorable. & I'm not sure why, but when I saw that it was Yukke's melody, I was quite surprised too. Well, the good thing is, after understanding the lyrics, it's been better with a few listens. Still, I hope this is not the direction that Mucc is headed.

On the whole, I prefer this single compared to the previous one. & that speaks wonders for it considering I kinda liked the previous single too! (can you trust a muccer to be objective? you must, k! most muccers i know are.. or at least seem to be! or am i just not being objective about muccers? XD XD)

Oops...wanted to write more about other stuff, but once again my bed beckons..-_-; tomorrow'll be Part II then!
Comments: Post a Comment