Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Go Bo, heh~

hahaha... i never thought I'd blog about this! -_-
Yep, it's the American Idol.. haven't been watching any of the seasons so far (thank goodness). Even when Singapore Idol was on and all the rage here *shudder*, I really couldn't understand what the fuss was about.
For the current season of AI, by chance I caught the last few episodes, when it was only down to the last 3.
Don't care for the show still, but Bo, hey he rocks!
Yep, I gotta admit I enjoyed watching his performances.

For a vocalist, it's not always just about the voice, isn't it?
Gosh, so many of the rock bands that I like don't necessarily have vocalists with pitch-perfect voices (even Yuki in Air wasn't in pitch..which is rare! but it's still a beautiful track, isn't it?) ...or powerful lungs that hang onto one note for one full minute!
But it's all in the attitude (& perhaps especially so for rock).
& the charisma.
& how you can work up or stir the crowd in front of you.
How you can sing a song in such a manner that even if the audience (who shouldn't be called just 'listeners'!) didn't like it previously, after your rendition the audience starts to LOVE the song.
& gosh, that's happened to me so many times before! (especially when people sing covers)

Uhm.. anyway I think Tatsurou is amazing.. even if it's simply how he can remember & deliver all the extremely looong & fast lyrics in mucc's songs. I think if I ever try to sing mucc songs @ karaoke I'll just end up singing only the last syllable of each line! & still be gasping for breath! O_o;
Comments: Post a Comment