Wednesday, April 06, 2005

[ココロノナイマチ]

I was wrong. .... ... I do love this single. <3!
On my way home from work on Monday, plugged into my headphones, [ココロノナイマチ] came on amidst the rest of my playlist.
Almost immediately, it's as if something was sparked off inside me... and that's just...well, an indescribable feeling, you know?
Anyway, when [月の砂丘] came on, its music arrangement in particular got me quite immersed...& by the time the third (bonus) track started, I was totally lost in space.. somewhere where only Tatsurou's voice and Miya's (I do hope it's him playing the piano!) keyboards can reach me.

No, something like this can't be just a commercial release. No doubt [ココロノナイマチ] is very radio-friendly. By mucc's standards anyway. But when I hear this single along with other music, there's still something about mucc's music that moves me. I'm quite the goner, methinks.. 這個團我要養一輩子了~

The first time I heard the first track, [ココロノナイマチ], was during the group's finale live at Hibiya Yaon. Back then, the first impression of the song was that it felt somewhat different from other mucc songs - a bit more pop-py and upbeat-sounding, with lots of mid-to-high guitar pitches. This time round, on second listen, I can appreciate the music arrangement much more. I'd certainly give Miya credit for this...for a pop-sounding melody, the song's intro and interlude portions were done very nicely - it still carried the distinctive variety and rhythm (that bass rhythm especially!) that we know of mucc. Apt to insert in the harmonica as well, don't you think? Gives a bit more of a raw edge to the song.

But the music arrangement that has me enraptured at the moment is that of [月の砂丘]. In the History "The Worst" DVD, there is a small snippet where mucc played a part of [月の砂丘]'s chorus. I'd think a live version of this song would be quite powerful. Again I particularly like the interlude arrangement, where there's something of a plot going there. The guitars, mm. Yes, would certainly like to see this live.

I'm not sure if it's the harmonica that's playing the solo tune towards the end of the piece. It's haunting, anyway, and the ending hanging on like that, I can't find much fault in that!

Piano vers. of [月の砂丘] is quiet, unassuming. Tatsurou's voice effect.. i'm two minds about it. But I'm glad they decided to do this vers. of the song, cos it gives another perspective to the tune.
Comments: Post a Comment