Monday, February 21, 2005

「君に幸あれ」choral vers.

On 18 Oct 2002, Like An Edison held an event with mucc and about 700 of their fans in a Shinagawa churchhall. There, the fans were distributed lyrics for two songs from the then-newly released album 「葬ラ謳」: 「君に幸あれ」and 「暗闇に咲く花」. The fans then practised and sang both songs choral-style, with Miya and Satochi accompanying on guitar and drums respectively, and Yukke as the main conducter ^^. Tatsurou..well, looking at the clip of the event in [The Worst] DVD, it seems as if he was enthusiastically playing the role of conductor too XD

As a result, two CD recordings were made, one for each song. The CDs were only distributed by Like An Edison selectively, i.e. not for sale and very rare! The CD cover was a photograph of the event, with mucc members on stage, and the fans behind them.

Actually, I didn't know about this event until I saw and heard a short clip of it from [The Worst] DVD. That short clip blew me off! :O! Because I never could have imagined 「君に幸あれ」being sung this way before! & that sound haunted me so much that I decided to see if I could land my hands on the 原音. Well, so far I'm only half-successful, because I managed to find Part I: 「君に幸あれ」, but Part II: 「暗闇に咲く花」, is just too rare! (the only time I saw it on yahoo jp, its ending price was 10,000Yen. i so regret not bidding for it, despite the hefty price!)

Anyway, I've uploaded the mp3 of the recording here:
「君に幸あれ」choral vers.
(The link is up for 7 days only, and for a limited no. of downloads.)

I love how they even harmonize at all the right parts!! Simply amazing, isn't it? The whole thing gives me a spine-tingling & gothic feel. I think events like these are more meaningful than the usual meet-the-fans session types, because there is a concrete product out of it, and which is related to the band's music as well.
Comments: Post a Comment