Sunday, October 17, 2004

First attempt at translating a mucc song..

This is my maiden attempt at translating a mucc song into English... took quite some time with it, tossing between appropriate words and phrasings and such, but I'm quite happy with the end product..*shy* Please be kind to me if you spot any major mistakes! Yeah.. let me know though because I'd like to correct them if they are critical mistakes.
m(_ _)m

I've included the original lyrics below as well. A sample of the song and others from the album [Kuchiki no Tou] may be found here.

A home where nobody lives
Lyrics/Tatsurou
Music/Miya

heavy footsteps
the dark path home
lamps standing in a row
the smell of dinner
the key to the heart hangs heavily on his neck
a child has learnt that the world is flat

a home where nobody lives calls to the child
the sun has set but he does not want to go back
he wears a masked smile
pretends he's not alone
opens the door
a ghost called loneliness has consumed him

come, let's play in the dark and empty room
it has become habit
soon numb from feeling
even the tears have dried up

just a little
just a little will do
please give me some memory that somebody needs me
even if for a moment
just a little
tell me the fact that somebody loves me

heavy futon
let's sleep
everyone is alone when the eyes are closed
i feel the warmth of the kitten in my arms
in my dreams, where should I go?
let us go there together

(comments: if you haven't figured out by now, the story's about a latch-key child.."key to the heart".. and the loneliness he faces when he is at home. Contrary to how one might read the verse starting with "just a little..", this part has Tatsurou pleading in a desperate, close-to-shouting, singing style.)

誰も居ない家
詞/逹瑯
曲/ミヤ

重たい足取り 暗い帰り道
立ち並ぶ灯りと 夕食のにおい
首から重たくぶら下がつた心の鍵
子供は世界を平坦に憶えた

誰も居ない家は子供を手招くが
夕日が沈んでも帰りたくはなかった
笑顔の仮面で 子供は寂しさを騙して
ドアの鍵を開け 孤独という化ケ物に喰われた

真っ暗な部屋 虚しさと さぁ遊びましょう
いつか慣れるさ やがて 麻痺して
涙も乾く

ほんの少しだけ ほんの少しでいい
必要とされた記憶を下さい
一瞬でもいい ほんの僅かだけ
愛されたという事実が欲しい

重たい布団 うずくまり さぁ眠りましょう
誰だって目を閉じたなら 独りになるんだ
唯一 ぬくもりを感じられた子猫を抱いて
夢の中で どこへ行こうか?
みんな一緒に

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment